this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Monday, February 06, 2006
my 3 minutes of fame, to add to the 3 minutes from last Christmas
I promised Lavinia I'd put up a nice photo of her to make up for insulting her so much in my last post so here it is. Imagine coming home to this every day. 'grats, Tim. woohooo



Now imagine coming home to THIS everyday. My sympathies go out to Li Na. What WERE you thinking? Amortentia, perhaps? Ignore the guy on the left. Some random stranger.



This one is a totally unrelated random photo. It's Tim in a helmet and a pink shirt.



Actually it's not. Made you wonder didn't I? Gotcha, you noob, Rudy and JJ style. That's Tim's sister, Amelia, in her oh-so-cute mushroom hair do. They'd pass as twins, those two. For those wondering bout the 'do, surf on over to Marilyn's blog. Her link is somewhere there on my sidebar.

Now to the subject of the title. By a strange quirk of events, I ended up singing backup for Jaclyn Victor at Juara Lagu 2006, along with 20 other fellas. For the uninitiated, Jac's the 2004 Malaysian Idol, and Juara Lagu is the Malaysian version of the Grammys. It was a who's who of the Malaysian entertainment industry. Notable judges on the night included Siti Nurhaliza, the darling of Malaysian pop ballads and that infamous Malaysian Idol judge, Roslan Aziz. Click here for the Star's initial coverage of the event.

Her song, Gemilang, won song of the year. Congrats, Jac! If anyone deserved it, it's her. It's amazing to hear her belting out the high runs from the song. Where does that voice come from? We thoroughly expected her to win best vocals too, but for some incomprehensible reason a malay guy named Hazami won it. Even his backup dancers were adamant.

"Best vocals? Mestilah Jac!!"

So we had this black gospel choir thing going, with the black shirts and gold sashes, and I must say, we did a pretty good job of conveying the energy of the song. *Pat on the back* The best part of the evening was walking out from the hall after the repeat performance (best song winner performs again), and being greeted by raucous applause from Hazami's choir. Woah. That's sportsmanship for you. They were actually WAITING for us to exit the hall. Macam superstar. Curi glamour, fer sure. I had completely no idea how to react. Being the humble guy that I am, I waved to the crowd, flashed them a winning smile and autographed the masses of paper being shoved my way.

Yeah right. I looked down and scurried away, hedgehog-style.

The entire event was live on tv3 yesterday night. Too bad no one saw me. Must be cause I didn't tell anyone till after the event. Indeed. No one I know watches tv3 willingly nowadays. Pics and stuff soon. oh, and Cheryl Samad is a LOT prettier in real life. Like, wow. If you're interested, surf over to www.tv3.com.my and there's coverage of the event there. But Malaysia being Malaysia, and malays being malays, the link to the videos do not work. Go figure. *shrug*

Oh and if anyone caught it, I was on tv2 last Christmas eve. Same choir. Hoho, indeed. That's 6 minutes more of tv appearance than 99.95% of you can claim. I rock.
posted by theycallmecruel @ 5:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates