this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Valentine's day
di·ar·rhe·a also di·ar·rhoe·a - Excessive and frequent evacuation of watery feces, usually indicating gastrointestinal distress or disorder.

Have you ever had a nasi lemak so freaking spicy it burned your gums? Yah man no joke. Diarrhoea like anything this morning. Or as we like to say here, lao sai!

Having had Valentine's plans been reduced from Luna Bar with big bunch of friends to La Bodega with small bunch of friends to Coffee Bean with even smaller bunch of friends to dota with a bunch of guys, I suppose a nasi lemak that burned your gums and gave you diarrhoea kinda makes an uneventful night somewhat eventful. And I am grateful to that nasi lemak for making it so.

Luna Bar offered me a table for 1.6k RM. *knees buckle* Crazy. Even if I had that much money to spend, I wouldn't spend it on a girl. Hmmm. Must be why I'm still single.

aNyWAys... Comments on my love life (or lack of it) will be unceremoniously deleted.

So dota it was with a bunch of guys... Comments on my sexuality will be as unceremoniously deleted as comments on my non-existant love life. I'm straight as a straight pvc pipe k. Haven't you heard that misery loves company?

So came that nasi lemak. woah, what a nasi lemak. My gums burned for about 10 minutes after it was gone. And not just burned mind you, positively sizzled. I could feel the borders between my molars and my gums just melting away. My tongue was on fire. I had to stuff ice into my cheeks to help with the stinging.

Undoubtedly a cheap conspiracy by the mamak guy to get us to buy more drinks. But I stubbornly refused. The institution's got nothing on me, nothing! My burning gums bear the scars of rebellion. Dead cheek mucosa epithelial cells, martyrs for the cause.

mamak man thinks to himself *eh ini orang tada mau minum kah?*
"oi Salleh, kasi itu nasi lemak pedas sikit! ini budak tada mau minum lah!"

*This is a re-enactment. Names have been changed to protect the participant's identities* Why Salleh? Cause if I was a mamak man, I'd be called Salleh.

I remember once when my dear ex-housemate Chia Ming tarpau-ed some mee goreng for me.
"boss, mee goreng tambah tambah pedas yah!"
"tambah tambah pedas?" *indian head wobble thing*
"yah boss, tambah tambah pedas!"
*mamak man (probably Salleh) turns around with big smile on face, clapping his hands with glee*

Every bite of that mee goreng had at least one cili padi in it. Tambah tambah pedas indeed. I lou-sai-ed exactly 4 hours later. Almost missed the beginning of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory cause of it eh.

Happy Valentine's day! Though it means nothing to me. 'nuff said.
posted by theycallmecruel @ 2:44 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Cmingo said…

    man, i remember tapauing that mee goreng. dat was really funny the way Salleh's eyes lit up when he heard the order, as if he was waiting for this moment his whole life.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates