this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Thursday, June 15, 2006
Aboot?
So it's been a while since I've entered anything onto this blog. It's not because I'm getting bored of my own life, it's just that I've been so freaking tired everyday that I barely have the energy to come up with humorous anecdotes on my life.

That said, the wonderful magical world of Azeroth has been taking up a fair amount of my time too. Some days the connection is so jumpy that I can't play (like today), other days, it's so blazingly fast that it brings tears of joy to my eyes.

10 fun facts about Canada, and Dal med school.

1. Nova Scotia is 27% clinically obese, not counting those who are mild to severly overweight. The total percentage of the population who is overweight is slightly >50%. Stress. SO to those of you who have been asking "any chun chicks?", the answer is an amazingly dissapointing NO.

2. Holding a cadaver's kidneys/spleen/lung/heart fills me with a strange sense of comfort and peace.

3. Total population of Halifax (the town I'm in) is round about 336,000. Yeah, that's like, the total population of taman tun or something man. Or subang. Or the amount of cockroaches at a normal one-shoplot mamak. Not the super mamaks like murni. Roaches there got cities with LRTs and stuff.

4. There are lots of beggars "down town". Down town here refers to ONE street, ie, Spring Garden road, that is shorter than the road on which I stay back home, ie, Lorong Burhanuddin Helmi 6. On an average day I pass 10 beggars. Never woulda thunk it that there are poor white ppl eh? For some reason I assumed that all white ppl are well to do. They're not the grubby looking ss2 pasar malam kind though... they actually look pretty decent. I saw a fat beggar once. How does that work??

5. There is a guy named Osama in my batch. wootz.

6. The average age of my class is 25. I'm young again!!

7. My class has 100 ppl. Of that hundred, there are 7, yes, 7 MARRIED COUPLES. Meaning that 14% of my class is married, and 3 of those couples HAVE KIDS. And it's not a 2+1 wedding, if you get what I mean, these are perfectly calculated, planned marriages and pregnancies. Imagine a kid asking "where's daddy?" "oh, daddy's gotta go to school..."

8. A further 70% of the batch is attached either to someone in the batch, or outside it. wftrgxzz
Out of that 70 students, 8 couples are getting married this summer. o_O"

9. "About" is really pronounced "aboot", and a house is a hoose, going out is going oot, hours is oo-wers. So you could go oot of your hoose for aboot an oower.

10. "Hot" = 17 celcius
"very hot" = 21 celcius
"Cold" = -15 celcius
"very cold" = no such thing
posted by theycallmecruel @ 10:55 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger catshyte said…

    Aboout time! Gosh oddly enuff after reading your post I wondered what you were doing at this point in time...

    BLEHHHH k not in that way.. well anyways... hope all is well with you and that you have truly sunk-ked in to the "white" way of life per se.. Can you plse stop calling them white.. Canadians wud be better.. Abooters wud even be funnier.. but white?? John's whiter than some of them...!!

    K.. I'm crapping and running a fever.. tc!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates