this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Thursday, June 01, 2006
One week, and then some…
One week. Wow. About one freaking week since I left the warm balmy temperatures of Kuala Lumpur. It seems like a lifetime away, cause everything is shockingly new. Friends are new, the majority race around me is new, new room, new phone, new style of dressing, new weather, etc etc etc…

Speaking of new friends, I must say that I never knew these bunch of people that are now my batchmates and with whom I am spending most of my time, ever ever existed. Except for Prashant. One, one, one familiar face. One reference back to good ‘ol 32 degrees centigrade. Am I homesick? Not quite yet. A steady influx of Chinese food has made sure of that. I can cook don’t mess with me eh. But I think I’m kinda in the same boat that tim is. At least in my case, the familiar face doesn’t call me a ******* ******* in the middle of the ward. Not yet, at least… *shrug*

Class has started, and I must say, these Canadians take their education seriously. Seriously seriously. We had a peds session this morn and they actually brought in real kids, like, year old kids for us to examine. I was momentarilly stunned when I walked into the Clinic rooms and saw it crawling with small little bawling toddlers. We interviewed the mom, and examined the kids. Don't mess.

I have begun again my journey to become a world-changing, life-saving, disease-curing , totem-bearing, wand-wielding medicine man. The feeling is surreal. Having bummed for so long it feels kinda weird to actually get that engine going again. Huh? What's that? I never had that engine to begin with you say? Yeah you're most probably right but I passed sem 5 didn't I?

/slap

Go suck something non-vulgar, you nay-sayers. One day you shall read of me in the papers (for doing something good, mind you) and then you can bask in my reflected glory while saying to your kids, "I used to know that guy!" and they'll admire their daddies and mommies for being somewhat associated 30 years ago to a guy who's now popular and well-liked by the masses.

And what you should mess with less is the sheer shamelessness of Canadians. How shameless? Well put it this way. We're gonna have simulated patients who will let us, yes I said LET US perform VEs and AEs and colonoscopies on them. Hernia's for amateurs man. No blushing here. I hear that they can still talk to you with a straight face after the session. To those of you who don't understand the above acronyms and long words, it's for the better, truuusstttt meeeee.

Sighz. It’s boring here. Like, mind-numbingly boring. Like, knock your head against the wall boring. Well I'm posting these words from my new place in Quinpool, though not in my place per say. I'm in my friend's place cause I got no power at mine. Can you believe that? No power, and what's worse, no bed. Yeah you read that right. NO BED. Cause the person I was supposed to buy it from suddenly turns round and says, "oh by the way, it's only available on the 5th of June yeah..." So I slept the past few nights on a bed sheet spread out on my cold, empty floor... yes, pity me please I am pathetic.

Arghz.

Well the power's supposed to come on friday *crosses fingers* I hope they're more efficient than back in warm balmy ol' KL and really get it done by friday. Then at least the magical world of Azeroth can relieve me of my pathological boredom.

Oh, and they have surprise OSCEs here for fun. wftgrzzz

Snickers here are 50 cents a bar. Hoho.
posted by theycallmecruel @ 7:04 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    hey.. nothing is more boring than the life in bmed science okie.. hehe...miss u man!!

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    hey.. nothing is more boring than the life in bmed science okie.. hehe...miss u man!!

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    hey.. nothing is more boring than the life in bmed science okie.. hehe...miss u man!!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Cmingo said…

    linda, you don't have to repeat urself 3 times. yes weijin knows you miss him.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger theycallmecruel said…

    woah i can see linda misses me lotz. must be boring without me right hoho.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger theycallmecruel said…

    cm don't be jealous no one misses you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates