this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Add another entry
to the seemingly never-ending, ever growing list of weijin's debilitating injured body parts.

So far the count looks like this, from toe up -
sprained pinky toe, both feet
sprained both ankles more times than I've cared to remember. It's not even funny anymore
pulled lateral collateral ligament, left knee
pulled anterior cruciate ligament, left knee
herniation of nucleus pulposus, somewhere along the lumbar spine
pulled erector spinae
fractured scaphoid, right wrist
dislocated pinky PIP (rather famously), left hand
sprained every single finger on both hands, again, more times than I've cared to remember

and now,

fractured radial head, left elbow.

SIGH

All these injuries have 2 things in common
1) they all put me out of basketball for up to a month at least (save the sprained fingers)
2) they all occured while playing basketball

I'm not even that good at basketball

GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

How did it happen, you might ask.
It happened while playing ball for the medical team here in Dal, I'll say. I went up for a shot, I'll continue, and I'll dramatically demonstrate that at the highest point of my jump, the guy who was marking me rushed me and took me down like he was playing american football. I don't recall ever hitting the ground so hard. Ever. And I've taken my fair share of hits and hard falls.
An audible gasp went up from the small crowd present.
Appeals for a flagrant foul were made. By HIS team mates.

The adrenaline masked the pain for a bit. An hour later, I knew something was really wrong when trying to shower. Couldn't lift my left arm without yelping from the pain shooting up and down the arm.

Walked the familiar walk to the hospital, a path taken so many times before, though my first time as a patient. Some of my classmates were on call. The shock on their faces said it all. They made sure I was tended to quickly. So nice these orang putih.

The X-ray confirmed it. Positive sail sign. 6 weeks in a cast.

First I fail my internal medicine paper, throwing my year-end elective plans into the garbage.
Now this.
What bloody next.

why oh why woe is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
posted by theycallmecruel @ 10:05 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates