this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007
moving on...
Time to move on in life.

Cardiac surgery rocks. Though rounds start at 530am (!!!) and I'm in the OR till 7pm, I have to say I can really see myself doing this for the rest of my life. A 14-hour day feels shorter than the 5-hour days on psych. Go figure.

Rounds are a lot quicker too. Whilst on psych we'll take 1 hour per patient, talking about how he's gonna go home, where he's gonna go, if the police should be notified, how's he's gonna get money, does he have social supports, yadda yadda yadda, and were so long and drawn out that I often times had to intentionally zone out and think of my happy place (Damai beach.... ahhhhh) for the sake of my sanity, rounds in cardiac sound typically like this

"72 year old man 4 days post CABG feels fine no chest pain SOB fever chills rigor cough appetite improving ambulating well vitals 36-7 82 135/40 92% ora labs 135 4.5 5.5 72 blood count 12 64 200 currently on metoprolol aspririn lactulose furosemide rosuvastatin metformin ceftriaxone morphine physical exam S1 S2 no additional heart sounds no murmurs air entry equal bilaterally no crackles wheezes rubs incision clean dry healing chest tubes draining 50cc's daily"
(recited within 30 seconds or one breath, whichever comes first)

"ok finish off the ceftriaxone then turf him next patient let's go"

There's something oddly peaceful about watching a man's heart beat 6 inches from your face.

Anyway.

Photos! Been ages since I posted any. Too lazy lar.

Dalhousie's Christmas dinner. I won a lucky draw for the first time in my life. It was a mug.
Seated are Karen, Ian, Caryn, Rick (EeLynn's china mari toyboy), EeLynn and me. Standing over us is SinLing. Only Caryn is from my class.

View from my room for a few weeks straight.

CNY dinner @ apt 607 ie my house ie where the party's at. We tar-paued stuff from a far away chinese restaurant. Quite authetic the stuff. Only the charsiew tasted a bit funny.
Side story - Thanks to the Brissie ppl for the CNY webcaming! Was good too see you lot healthy and fat hohoho. I could almost smell hn's charsiew.

Karen passed out after 2 beers. She managed to smile for a photo though. Ultimate camwhore man I tell you pass out already still can pose.

Eugenia was cold.

House party recently after the psych + family medicine exams. Studying pysch makes you pass random phallic shaped fruits to each other. That's Jenn. She doesn't look it but she's 6 foot 1.

Matt, Morgan - non medical friends of friends picking a fight with Kelsey. Bad idea. Kelsey's the most decorated female taekwondo exponent in the whole of Canada. Me, laughing at the image of what Kelsey could do to these 2 jokers if she wanted.
"So, a black belt's really long and a yellow belt's kinda short..." Kelsey, when asked to explain about taekwondo grading and what the belts mean. Does that make a white belt really really short then?

United colours of Halifax. Can send to Benetton make poster.
Reza - resident rowan atkinson look alike, random erthematous malaysian, Bob Best - who loves dota! I felt as if I was reunited with a long lost friend when I found out.

k k that's all I have for now. More at a later date.
posted by theycallmecruel @ 7:44 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger gracielau said…

    you a bit the too red right?

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger theycallmecruel said…

    no aldehyde dehydrogenase ok. i had quite a bit too drink. the orang putih kept feeding me vodka, how to say no?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates