this is a coconut shell, and i am it's frog

Sunday, August 19, 2007
china wine?
What does this bootylicious music video



and this whole wheat granola-esque family photo



have in common?

any takers?

well.

They're the same person.

Yeah, that belly-baring, rump-shaking, arm-flailing, self-titled "geisha" used to be this, and this.

So one of the Malaysians here saw the music video on tv and was telling us about this china wine person, quite the entertaining, from singapore summore. Ho Yeow Sun was her name apparently. Something in me clicked. Like, from my distant past (relatively speaking since distance is all relative and my past can't be very distant since i'm not even a quarter century old, but when you're young [chronologically, as opposed to what you feel cause my goodness I feel old] even the very recent seems a distant past, hence, me saying that in my relatively distant past).

After much consternation and hmm-ing and hoo-ing, I realised where I heard that name before. MY MOM OWNS THE CHURCH WORSHIP CD THAT SHE PRODUCED. Yes I remember aunty Wong coming up to me in my distant past (enter relativity distant past rant) and enthusiastically showing me this CD of worship songs produced by a church in singapore, and written by that church's pastor, and I remember myself being quite impressed with the quality. Ho Yeow Sun.

Ms Geisha used to be (or maybe still is) the beloved pastor of the City Harvest Church in singapore, the largest and fastest growing church in Singapore.

Let's take a moment to consider the implications here.

How do you go from pastoring one of the fastest growing churches in the world to booty shakin' with friggin' wycliff jean??? (no insult to him)
I'm filled with a morbid sort of fascination.
I wonder what her still-pastoring husband is thinking. Seeing his wife bump and grind with random black men on MTV. Cause if you surf over to the CHC website, his face is still there but hers is nowhere to be found (at least not by me).
I really really REALLY want to know what's going on in her mind. She's come under fire from some of the more fundamentalist sections of Christianity, and in other articles has denied ever being a pastor, but all I really want to know is what's ticking in that tocker? Did someone feed the hamster on the wheel anabolic steroids and crack? And run the wheels off the gears?

It's even more dramatic than the silicon-fueled Dawn Yang transformation.
It's like me turning down durian cendol gasp gasp hyperventilate.



I'm a little confused here.

A little blown away.

and

unsure of what to think.


The world is a funny place.
posted by theycallmecruel @ 8:11 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

wheeeeeeeeeee

Templates by
Blogger Templates